Melikov Aleksey Vladimirovich, Candidate of technical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of energy systems and power plants, Volgograd State Agricultural University (26 Universitetsky avenue, Volgograd, Russia), E-mail: AleksejV.Melikov@gmail.com
Background. The phenomenon of constitutionalism takes priority among the appraisal criteria social progress. Constitutionalism is a universal category. There are regional geographic aspects bearing the specifics of the constitutional legal development of a particular country. In that aspect, one can speak of Greek constitutionalism. It arose during the liberation movement of the Greeks against the Ottoman yoke. In the context of building a new form of social relations, it is interesting to trace how a stable legal phenomenon, such as the constitution, was applied in the fate of independent Greece. The mission is to analyze the major stages of the Greece constitutional legal development from the beginning of the 30s. 19th century to this day.
Materials and methods. The implementation of research tasks achieve based on the scanned texts analysis of the original constitutions. The articles of constitutions consolidated changes in the social milieu, reflecting the specific stage of the Greece constitutional legal development. There are covered topic books by O. E. Petrunina, E. G. Krugova about the political development of the Greek state in XVIII–XX, by T. Veremis about the existing ideologies and by L. M. Imbeau about power and uncertainty in the constitutional design of Greece. The methodological potential includes the methods of historical legal analysis, which allowed studying the content of the basic laws of Greece in order to understand the previous changes in the development of Greek society.
Results. The article describes about major stages of the Modern Greek state constitutional legal development. A table of government form, adopted constitutions, approved legislature and historical period has been compiled. It contributes to text splitting of the article into semantic parts that describe the causal relationship of social changes.
Conclusions. A feature of the Greece state history are frequent constitutional disturbances. The rapidly changing forms of social relations, the dependence of state administration on the interests of external forces created the conditions for the formation of new constitutional ideas and principles. Moreover, the processes violations of legal and organizational consolidation of these norms in society made it possible to use the constitution as a flexible instrument of legal regulation.
1. Petrunina O. E. Grecheskaya natsiya i gosudarstvo v XVIII–XX v.: Ocherki politicheskogo razvitiya [Greek nation and state in 18–20th centuries: Essays on political development]. Moscow: KDU, 2010, 743 p. [In Russian]
2. Scanned original of the 1822 Constitution. Available at: https://www.hellenicparlia ment.gr/UserFiles/f3c70a23-7696-49db-9148-f24dce6a27c8/syn06.pdf (accessed Jan. 11, 2020).
3. Scanned original of the 1823 Constitution. Available at: https://www.hellenicparlia ment.gr/UserFiles/f3c70a23-7696-49db-9148-f24dce6a27c8/syn07.pdf (accessed Jan. 11, 2020).
4. Scanned original of the 1827 Constitution. Available at: https://www.hellenicparlia ment.gr/UserFiles/f3c70a23-7696-49db-9148-f24dce6a27c8/syn09.pdf (accessed Jan. 11, 2020).
5. Epanchin N. A. Ocherk pokhoda 1829 g. v Evropeyskoy Turtsii: v 3 t. [Essay on the 1829 campaign in European Turkey: in 3 volumes]. Saint-Petersburg: Tip. Glavnogo Upravleniya Udelov, 1905, vol. 1, 488 p. [In Russian]
6. Teplov V. A. Graf Ioann Kapodistriya, prezident Gretsii: ist. ocherk [Count Ioannis Kapodistrias,the president of Greece: historical essay]. Saint-Petersburg: Tip. A. S. Suvorina, 1893. [In Russian]
7. Scanned original of the 1832 Constitution. Available at: https://ru.scribd.com/docu ment/284100477/Ηγεμονικόν-Σύνταγμα-1832
8. Τρύφων Ε. Ευαγγελίδης. Ιστορία του Όθωνος, Βασιλέως της Ελλάδος (1832–1862) [Evangelidis. History of Otto, King of Greece (1832–1862)]. 2nd ed. Athens: Aristidis G. Galanos, 1894, pp. 49, 89.
9. Scanned original of the 1844 Constitution. Available at: https://www.hellenicparlia ment.gr/UserFiles/f3c70a23-7696-49db-9148-f24dce6a27c8/syn12.pdf (accessed Jan. 13, 2020).
10. Scanned original of the 1864 Constitution. Available at: https://ru.scribd.com/docu ment/339394001/Συνταγμα-Του-1864-Απο-Το-Φεκ-a-48-1864-Τησ-17-Νοεμβριου-1864 (accessed Jan. 13, 2020).
11. Η ιστορία του Συντάγματος [The history of the Constitution]. Available at: https://www. syntagmawatch.gr/to-syntagma-mou (accessed Jan. 13, 2020).
12. Scanned original of the 1911 Constitution. Available at: https://www.hellenicparlia ment.gr/UserFiles/f3c70a23-7696-49db-9148-f24dce6a27c8/syn14.pdf (accessed Jan. 14, 2020).
13. Uvarova M. Koronovannaya demokratiya. Frantsiya i reformy Napoleona III v 1860-e gg. [Crowned democracy. France and Napoleon’s III reforms in the 1860s]. Moscow: Litagent «IEP imeni Gaydara», 2014, pp. 21–29. [In Russian]
14. Scanned original of the 1911 Constitution. Available at: https://ru.scribd.com/docu ment/284100475/Σύνταγμα-της-Ελληνικής-Δημοκρατίας-1927 (accessed Jan. 14, 2020).
15. Scanned original of the 1911 Constitution. Available at: https://ru.scribd.com/docu ment/237561721/Ελληνικό-Σύνταγμα-1952
16. Θάνος, M. Βερέμης. Aυτοσχέδια ιδεολογήματα [Improvised ideologies]. Καθημερινή, 7 Ημέρες, 12-12-1999, p. 14.
17. Scanned original of the 1968 Constitution. Available at: https://ru.scribd.com/document/397370412/Σύνταγμα-του-1968
18. Scanned original of the 1973 Constitution. Available at: https://ru.scribd.com/document/399357423/Σύνταγμα-του-1973
19. Spyropoulos Ph. K., Fortsakis Th. P. Constitutional Law in Greece. Amsterdam: Kluwer Law International, 2009, pp. 54, 55.
20. Imbeau Louis M., Jacob St. Behind a Veil of Ignorance? Power and Uncertainty in Constitutional Design. Springer, 2015, 19 February, p. 179.
21. Krugovaya E. G. Ekonomicheskoe i politicheskoe razvitie Gretsii v period pravleniya «chernykh polkovnikov» 1967–1974 gg.: dis. kand. ist. nauk: 07.00.00 [Economic and political development of Greece during the reign of “black colonels” in 1967–1974: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of historical sciences]. Moscow, 2002, 208 p. [In Russian]
22. Nohlen A. Dieter., Stöver Ph. Elections in Europe: A data handbook. Bade-Bade: Nomos Verlags-gesellschaft, 2010, p. 838.
23. Scanned original of the 1975 Constitution. Available at: https://ru.scribd.com/doc/151 604343/Συνταγμα-1975
24. Βούλη των Ελλήνων [Greek parliament]. Available at: https://www.hellenicparliament. gr/Vouli-ton-Ellinon/To-Politevma/Syntagmatiki-Istoria (accessed Jan. 17, 2020).